At Maria Brown Hearing Clinic we don't charge a cent to perform a hearing test and help you learn about your hearing along with how to manage hearing loss and its affects. While there are many good reasons to get your hearing regularly tested, here are our top 10 reasons why you should find 20 minutes to book in for a hearing test with one of our friendly hearing specialists at our Hobart, Bellerive or Launceston office:
10 important reasons to get your hearing tested:
1. Hearing loss is associated with other health conditions. If left untreated, hearing loss negatively affects your quality of life.
2. A Better Hearing Institute study has proven that people with untreated hearing loss have a lower level of annual income than those that do.
3. Hearing loss is tied to depression. Treating hearing loss may reduce these symptoms.
4. Hearing loss is twice as common in people with diabetes than those without.
5. Research shows a link between hearing loss and dementia. Treatment of hearing loss may benefit your long term cognitive functions.
6. Hearing loss is linked to sleep apnea.
7. Studies have shown that hearing loss, even on a mild level, puts you at an increased risk of falling or hospitalisation. For older adults with hearing loss you are more than three times more likely to have this happen.
8. It is also proven that Cardiovascular health issues and hearing are linked.
9. Prescription medicine, bouts of illness and even Cancer treatments can damage your hearing.
10. It takes only 20 minutes, is 100% free, and the sooner you pick up on hearing loss, the more it will save you!
As research into the effects of hearing loss are now starting to yield never before seen data, we are learning that hearing loss can affect almost every part of a persons health and well being as they move into the second half of their lives. Additionally, the effects of hearing loss does not just extend to the person experiencing it, it can affect friends, family and loved ones in very profound ways as hearing loss isolates people from conversation and social engagement. This is why, a yearly check up is vital in maintaining your health and staying informed of your hearing levels as it can.
A hearing test is quick, its free and our team will provide you with helpful information about how to manage hearing loss along and what options are also available to help address hearing loss.