Hearing Awareness Week - Sunday February 25th
Did you know that only one in five people who suffer from hearing loss do something about it?
Hearing Awareness Week is here Sunday the 25th of February and to help you learn about your hearing we are offering a free hearing check to help you learn about your hearing.
Here are our top 10 reasons why getting a yearly hearing check is one of the smartest investments you can make in your health:
1. Hearing loss is associated with other health conditions. If left untreated, hearing loss negatively affects your quality of life.
2. A Better Hearing Institute study has proven that people with untreated hearing loss have a lower level of annual income than those that do.
3. Hearing loss is tied to depression. Treating hearing loss may reduce these symptoms.
4. Hearing loss is twice as common in people with diabetes than those without.
5. Research shows a link between hearing loss and dementia. Treatment of hearing loss may benefit your long term cognitive functions.
6. Hearing loss is linked to sleep apnea.
7. Studies have shown that hearing loss, even on a mild level, puts you at an increased risk of falling or hospitalisation. For older adults with hearing loss you are more than three times more likely to have this happen.
8. It is also proven that Cardiovascular health issues and hearing are linked.
9. Prescription medicine, bouts of illness and even Cancer treatments can damage your hearing.
10. It takes only 10 minutes, is 100% free, and the sooner you pick up on hearing loss, the more it will save you!
Hearing loss affects one in three Australians over 60 and is a major contributing factor to depression, feelings of isolation and communication difficulties with friends, family and loved ones. We want to help people reconnect and get back into life.
Call 1300 797 519 or visit our contact us page to reserve your spot in this event and learn about your hearing today.